Dear Troop 354 Families,
Hope everyone has been enjoying our summertime family break after week camp 2019!
I have several updates to announce since we returned home from week camp.
1. Welcome to Father Conklin as OLH/SL’s new pastor and our Chartering Institutional Head for Troop 354 & Cub Pack 354!
2. We helped Ben A. with his Eagle project of demolition and re-installing ceiling tiles plus painting the walls & ceiling tracks in the school library immediately before and after week camp.
HEADS –UP FOR SEPTEMBER ACTIVITIES:
1. Wednesday, 9_4_2019 – 7:30PM We return to Troop meetings – Bring your Scout Handbooks and any Merit Badge catch-up work for final recording before our 9_11_2019 Family Court of Honor Awards Ceremony.
2. Wednesday, 9_11_2019 – Family Court of Honor Awards Ceremony -7:30 PM - I ask each family attending to bring a liter of soda, and one desert or one snack type item for the conclusion of the evening’s event. Don’t forget that each Scout wearing an updated Merit Badge sash at the Court of Honor will be presented a special award. Also, our Troop Families will receive a general activity event plan, outlining our Troop’s September to December activities.
3. Friday to Sunday, 9_20-22_2019 – We’re camping and working on phase 2 of our Gettysburg Battlefield Trail Award adventure. This trip has several extra expenses involved with the requirements to complete the trail award. Those Scouts that didn’t participate in phase 1 should attend this trip; they will have an opportunity to complete phase 1 at a later date. Also, we need to have a commitment by those attending by Saturday Aug. 10th; we have to reserve admission time slots for the weekend and pay in advance for those admissions costs. Please return your commitments to me via: @firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible, no money due, we’ll accept a Boy Scout promise of your commitment to attend this camping trip.
a. Visit Gettysburg visitor center museum & cyclorama - $15
b. Visit the Eisenhower National Historical Site - $9
c. Cost of Camp, food, etc. - $ 40
Please feel free to contact me by email with any question or concerns.
On behalf of BSA Troop & Pack 354, Welcome Father Conklin to Our Lady of Hope & St. Luke’s parishes!
In Troop 354