ScoutLander – Getting Started
1. Logging In
1. You should receive an email from ScoutLander welcoming you and providing you with your login and password. The login ID is the email address, and the password is a computer-generated code that can be CHANGED! First, let’s login.
2. Visit http://www.Scoutlander.com/ and save as a favorite or bookmark!
1. After you are logged into the Private Site, you can update your profile and change your password.
2. On the left-hand toolbar, click on My Profile.
3. From this page you can view all of your current info. To edit, click on Edit Profile in the top-right corner of the profile.
4. Change your password and fill in all of the blanks with the most up-to-date information. Don’t forget to save!
3. Event Calendar
1. To view all of the meetings and activities, click on Event Calendar in the left-hand toolbar.
2. You can click on events to see more, and change months to see past and future entries.
3. Leaders can add events to the Event Calendar. If YOU are planning an event, or just notice something missing, just click on Add Event in the top-right of the calendar.
4. Fill out all the appropriate information, and it has been added. 48-hours BEFORE the event starts, the members listed within ScoutLander will receive an email from ScoutLander reminding everyone of the event.
5. After the event is over, be sure to attach a photo album to the event in the Photo Gallery!
4. Photo Gallery
1. To view Troop photos, visit the Photo Gallery in the left-hand toolbar.
2. View the existing photos in the View Photos Tab, and upload your own in the Add Photos tab at the top of the gallery.
3. Select the event in which the photos were taken, and select Add Photos.
4. Follow the on screen directions to upload the photos that you like.
5. Broadcast System
1. The Broadcast System is a great tool to send messages to a fellow Scout/adult, a group, or even the whole Troop.
2. Select the people you would like to send the email to.
3. To send to the whole Troop, just click on Add All. Groups are set up for Committee Members and Assistant Scoutmasters using the Group Filter under Patrols.
4. If you would like to attach a link to a certain event in the Event Calendar, then select the corresponding checkboxes.
5. You can even attach files from your computer. Just upload them from the Step 3 prompt.
6. Lastly, fill in the subject field and message box. If you would like to see how the email would look, clicking Preview will send a draft to your email account.
7. If you are happy with the turnout of the message, click Send Now. The recipients will receive the message in their email inboxes without having to visit the website. It will be sent from your email address, so any replies will be sent to you.
6. Adult & Scout Search
1. The Adult and Scout Search pages allow you to look up all of Scout/adult members. It is much like an online roster; it is searchable and has the various ways to contact them.
2. You can even see portraits that are attached to them. Just select Picture View instead of Icon View in the pull-down menu to switch.